Carmody Groarke - London, United Kingdom
apply before April 17, 2023
Tasks: Management, Planning & Design
Topics: Innovative Constructions, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: English is sufficient
Carmody Groarke is a London-based architectural practice founded in 2006 by Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke. The practice has developed a reputation for working internationally on a wide range of arts, cultural, heritage and residential projects.
Architects will be responsible for making a significant contribution to the delivery of projects cross all workstages. You will either take responsibility for specific packages of work or, depending on your level of experience, may act in a Project Architect role, leading a project independently with guidance from an Associate or Associate Director.
You may be responsible for managing one or more Architectural Assistants in your team, and act as the first point of contact for the consultant team throughout the duration of the project.
- Involvement in the design process at various project work stages, working collaboratively with the design team to generate and explore design ideas in accordance with the project brief with direction from Directors.
- Maintain an understanding of both individual and project team day-today activities, taking ownership of the packages and independently managing your time to ensure you meet the required deadlines in accordance with the design programme, flagging any potential issues which may affect the timely delivery of your element of work.
- If playing a Project Architect role, you will be expected to manage this process, planning project activity to meet required deadlines, allocating tasks in accordance with individual skill sets and offering advice and mentorship to your team.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of construction legislation to ensure the design meets statutory requirements and is in line with the scope of the project.
- Regularly participate in design reviews, presenting your work with confidence and taking direction from Directors to progress design.
- Develop positive relationships with the client and wider design team, ensuring they are kept informed of progress through regular reporting meetings, whilst being aware of the limitations of your own knowledge and expertise, and consulting with Associates or Associate Directors for guidance as required.
- Positively represent the practice, upholding the studio’s ethos and values on a day-to-day basis and adhering to Carmody Groarke’s policies and procedures.
- Mentor junior members of staff in the studio and members of your project team, maintaining awareness of individual concerns or problems, and flagging to the senior team as necessary.
- Undertake other studio wide responsibilities in accordance with your individual skill and expertise, proactively offering support and guidance.
- Present project updates to the wider team at studio meetings.