JA Projects - London, United Kingdom
apply before May 7, 2023
Tasks: Planning & Design
Topics: Circularity, Innovative Constructions, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: English is sufficient
Founded by Jayden Ali, JA Projects is a London based practice working at the intersection of architecture, urban strategy, art, and performance. The successful candidate will be involved across the board; from museums and fashion shows to housing and masterplanning.
JA Projects is looking to fill Architectural Assistant positions at both Part 1 and Part 2 grades to join our growing studio.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in practice and should have a keen interest in public facing cultural projects and the arts. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy working within a start-up culture, helping to grow the size and reputation of the practice.
All applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent design, presentation, graphics, and drawing skills (hand drawn and digital).
- Ability to multitask and manage own workload and different project threads.
- Confident communicator.
- Confidence in authoring reports, presentations, and other written material.
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent learning.
- Calm under pressure.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (PS, INDD, AI).
- Experienced in Vectorworks, Rhino, Sketch Up (or other similar CAD software – please declare on CV).
- Have the Right To Work in the UK.
Part 1 Architectural Assistant Role: Candidates must have RIBA Part I or equivalent overseas qualification.
Part 2 Architectural Assistant Role: Candidates must have minimum 1 yr post RIBA Part 2 experience and RIBA Stage 4 Experience (and ability to produce technical drawings). A good understanding of construction details. Experience working with cultural institutions, Local Authorities, and/or public/third sector clients is also desirable.