Collective Architecture | Collective Energy - Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, United Kingdom
apply before December 1, 2023
Tasks: Administration, Consulting, Planning & Design
Topics: Circularity, Innovative Constructions
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: English is sufficient
Do you want to increase your impact in addressing the climate and biodiversity emergencies through your work? There’s an exciting opportunity to join Collective Architecture as part of the Collective Energy team and contribute to our growing portfolio of low-energy / low-carbon buildings and strategic implementation of net zero carbon planning and delivery.
As signatories of Architects Declare, Collective Architecture | Collective Energy are committed to responding to the climate and biodiversity emergencies through our work.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about how we as architects and designers can effect a positive impact on the built environment through the delivery of our passivhaus, retrofit and net zero carbon consultancy services. This role offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with our team of architectural designers on a variety of large and complex passivhaus new build and low energy retrofit projects; to develop design approaches that reduce carbon and improve the quality, sustainability, and affordable operation of the buildings we design; to work with our clients to inform and develop their net zero carbon pathways; and to support our team in expanding and promoting our services to the industry. This post offers opportunities for career development and training to develop core specialisms that we are seeking to integrate into our Collective Energy service offer.
This role is for a full time, permanent position. The role would be based in our Edinburgh or Glasgow studios with opportunities for blended working and working in our Dundee studio part time. We are looking for applicants from an Architectural or Architectural Technology background with a minimum of 3 years experience who have an aptitude, passion and commitment to engage in the technical processes of how we design sustainable buildings and who want to work with our practice to effect positive change in the construction industry.
Core responsibilities and activities:
• Supporting the practice in delivering and developing our CE core services:
– Passivhaus Consultant services
– Low energy building design analysis
– Net Zero strategic route mapping and design approaches
– Embodied & whole life carbon analysis
– Building performance analysis
– Circular economy design
• Energy modelling using RdSAP, SAP, Design PH & PHPP.
• Collaborating in Passivhaus planning, design, coordination and evidence gathering.
• Option analysis and interrogation.
• Data analysis, visualisation, and impact mapping.
• Report writing and presentation of project information.
• Developing embodied and lifecycle carbon libraries and modelling approaches.
• Developing building performance analysis methodologies.
• Collaborating in research and development.
• Collaborating in wider practice sustainability strategy development.