Gehl - Copenhagen, Denmark
apply before April 30, 2023
Tasks: IT & Programming, Planning & Design
Topics: Empower & Participate, Policies and Cooperation, Urban Transformation
Type: Full-time, Internship
Experience required: Entry-level
Language: English is sufficient
Gehl focuses on the relationship between the built environment and people’s quality of life. Gehl is based in Copenhagen, New York and San Francisco, we create ‘cities for people’.
Gehl is a global urban research and design consultancy. We address urban planning with a people-focused approach, and our services include Public Space Public Life Strategies, Public Space and Street Design and Masterplanning Frameworks.
We apply strategic planning and human-centered design to empower citizens, decision makers, company leaders, and organizations through Process Facilitation, Pilot Projects and Integrated Mobility Strategies.
As thought leaders, we contribute to the field by creating Frameworks for Learning and New Knowledge Creation through ongoing research.
Gehl are seeking candidates for paid internships in our studio in Copenhagen for the fall semester 2023-2024
As an interdisciplinary firm that works across design, policy, strategy, and research we seek candidates who have demonstrated interest and experience in developing projects that span across disciplines and celebrate people-first urbanism.
Who are we looking for?
- Students with a background in architecture, landscape architecture, urban studies, digital design, social- or data science. Candidates in related disciplines may also be considered.
- For architects, landscape architects, and urban designers knowledge of Rhino and Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is a requirement.
- Familiarity with visualisation and data processing are a plus (e.g. Enscape, V-ray, Grasshopper, QGIS, Tableau, Python, AutoCAD).
- Strong written and visual communicators.
- Candidates must be fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic, German, or Nordic languages are a plus.
- Candidates must have an active work-permit for Denmark/EU.