Metabolic - Amsterdam, Netherlands
apply before May 21, 2023
Tasks: IT & Programming, Management, Research
Topics: Circularity, Digitalization, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: Local language(s) needed
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant with knowledge about the public and semi-public sector in the fields of policy for urban and regional development issues, circular procurement & tendering and circular construction, among other areas.
*Please note that fluency in both Dutch and English languages are an essential requirement for this position.*
- Be responsible for managing your own projects,
- Lead your own research, assisting in policy analysis, qualitative research and stakeholder interviews,
- Guide others in quantitative analysis (material flow and impact analysis) conduct interviews and analyse the results,
- Use systems and transition thinking to pinpoint the best solutions for creating structural change,
- Manage a diverse group of stakeholders
Cities are one of our most critical intervention points for creating sustainable local economies, reducing impact on natural environments, and increasing the quality of human lives. Our mission is to help city, national and supranational governments, NGOs, mission driven organizations and other stakeholders to build sustainable futures, with a focus on systems change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Dutch & English are essential requirements)
- 3-5 years working experience in the field of sustainability, policy or urban development
- Educated to Masters level (or equivalent) in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental sciences, Urban and regional development, Earth system sciences, Policy or Water Management.
- A foundation of knowledge in environmental sciences and governance and sustainable development
- Able to perform qualitative analysis (interviews, literature review)