Street Space - Bradford, United Kingdom
apply before November 30, 2023
Tasks: Communication, Planning & Design, Research
Topics: Community Engagement, Empower & Participate, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: English is sufficient
Street Space is seeking an experienced, freelance community engagement lead to facilitate a sensitive and high profile project seeking to understand local people’s experiences of Woodhouse Moor Park in Leeds and support the collaborative design and development of creative interventions to make the space feel safer.
Engagement Lead Role:
As part of a dynamic and supportive team the Engagement Lead will engage residents, community and faith organisations to spark imagination and empower local people to collaboratively design temporary interventions to improve perceptions of safety in Woodhouse Moor Park.
Supported by Street Space, the Engagement Lead will facilitate an inclusive listening and collaborative design process in collaboration with the Cultural Institute, University of Leeds, Leeds City Council and other local partners. By utilising creative engagement methods the successful candidate will seek out unheard voices and build relationships with and between local residents, community and faith groups in and around Woodhouse Moor Park.
- use creative and locally resonant methods to gather perceptions of the park in a variety of ways including interviews, community activities and pop up events
- analyse engagement to reveal key insights and different perspectives
- recruit and convene a ‘Community Design Group’ representing a variety of different viewpoints and local stakeholders
- co-facilitate a series of collaborative design workshops to develop a number of temporary interventions for Woodhouse Moor Park
- work closely with designers to develop concept designs for each intervention following the collaborative design process
- Coordination, liaison and reporting to the client team and community stakeholders throughout