University of Bologna - Bologna, Italy
apply before June 4, 2023
Tasks: Planning & Design, Research
Topics: Public Space & Landscape, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Experienced
Language: English is sufficient
The main objective of the project is to define innovative criteria for the integrated design and planning of inclusive and resilient urban green areas, to enhance the health benefits of multi- sensorial contact with nature and outdoor activities, while improving the quality of the urban environment. Green areas are considered nodes promoting wellbeing, and part of a wider network of open spaces fostering walkability, active lifestyles, and social cohesion, while assuring increased quality of life also during
The main expected and desirable results are:
- Review of existing green area design and planning criteria and best practices targeting different needs and users.
- Context/users-related criteria and recommendations for the design of green areas and resilient territorial planning.
- Case studies to showcase models for health-promoting green areas and urban contexts design.
- Scientific publications and dissemination activities for different types of stakeholders.
With this training-through-research, the DC will apply advanced design methodologies to prove the advancement in the green design field for what concerns direct and indirect opportunities of health promotion through environmental and landscape quality.
- Review of existing green area design criteria and best practices targeting different needs and users.
- Context/users- related criteria and recommendations for the design of green areas.
- Case studies to showcase models for health-promoting green areas.