Demos Helsinki - Helsinki, Finland
apply before November 3, 2023
Tasks: Communication, Consulting, Research
Topics: Mobility & Transport, Policies and Cooperation, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Entry-level
Language: English is sufficient
Demos Helsinki is now looking for interns to join us for a 3-month-long full time paid internship for the first half of 2024. Our team is diverse in terms of thematic expertise and background, and we appreciate diverse points of view also from our interns. The things that matter the most to us are your motivation towards impact-driven work, your desire to take on the responsibilities that help you grow as a future professional, and your curiosity to extend your skills in analytical and synthetic thinking into doing.
Demos Helsinki is an independent not-for-profit think tank and a community. We want to lead societal transformations for a fair, sustainable and joyful next era. For this purpose, we conduct research and offer consulting services to governments, international organisations, companies, foundations, cities and other partners in Finland and internationally. Our work is guided by our Impact Model. Our teams, e.g. Regenarative Infrastructure, work on different areas of societal change with a range of diverse impact-driven projects. You can read more about our ongoing and past projects here: https://demoshelsinki.fi/
Our internship programme has been an essential part of our community for nearly 15 years. Our interns have an important role in both sharing new thinking and perspectives on our existing ways of working, and contributing to our work as team members. Our teams work on different areas of societal change, and within each team there is a range of opportunities to contribute to impactful projects in those respective areas.
Based on your experience and goals, you will be able to take part in a manner that matches your interests and capabilities. During your internship you will join one of our teams, have a dedicated mentor to support you getting the most out of your time with us, and fellow interns for that extra peer support.
What Demos Helsinki can offer you:
– A three-month full-time internship in Helsinki, Finland, beginning at any time between January 2024 and May 2024
– A compensation of 1500€/month plus six days of paid leave during your internship
– Impact-driven work towards societal transformations in an ambitious organisation
– A dedicated home team, committed mentoring, and peer support from fellow interns and other colleagues
– A collaborative, autonomous and low-hierarchy environment that allows you to take steps to grow as a professional and learn by doing
Skills you will need:
– Ability to engage with new information and execute rapidly with it in mind
– Humility to acknowledge when you don’t know, and the curiosity to find out
– Ability to think in terms of both precise critical analysis and flexible imaginative synthesis
– Courage to share your perspective within your team and the larger community
– Ability to communicate your own needs effectively, and willingness to support others through teamwork
What we expect from you:
– You are able to work in Helsinki for the duration of your internship.
– You are an undergraduate or graduate student at a university or a university of applied sciences.
– You have full professional fluency in English. Other language skills, especially Finnish, might be beneficial but are not required.
Find out more and apply: https://demoshelsinki.fi/2023/