Eurocities - Brussels, Belgium
apply before April 16, 2023
Tasks: Administration, Consulting, Management
Topics: Empower & Participate, Policies and Cooperation, Urban Transformation
Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Experience required: Experienced
Language: English is sufficient
Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, and value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
NetZeroCities (NZC) is an initiative launched as part of the European Green Deal and directly supporting the European Commission’s Mission for 100 Climate-neutral and Smart Cities by 2030. NZC is being implemented by a 33-member consortium comprising diverse partners from across Europe, supporting the 112 Mission cities to achieve the Mission objectives through expertise, tools and guidance, capacity building and knowledge sharing, and innovative approaches to systemic change.
As Climate Neutral Cities Advisor, you will be a key conduit between cities and the NetZeroCities (NZC) services and expertise within the project consortium. You will connect cities with the appropriate support for their needs via the One Stop Shop Platform and consortium expertise. In cooperation with other Climate Neutral Cities Advisors, you will support cities to find systemic solutions that significantly increase the speed and scale of climate action and suit the respective context of a city by:
- Linking city counterparts to individuals from the consortium or other cities that have relevant expertise or experience
- Supporting the first cohort of cities through the CCC process, facilitating the development of commitments, and action and investment plans. The matching of Climate Neutral Cities Advisors to individual cities and/or clusters of cities will be determined when the first cohort have joined NZC and been clustered
- Helping pilot cities advance systemic, high-impact work with support from across the consortium
- Supporting identification, development, and coaching of municipal change makers for them to increase their impact
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of the Learning Programme with Twin Cities, including peer learning between the Twin Cities, and their interactions with their mentor Pilot Cities with whom they are twinned
- Contributing to co-design and input into sense-making and learning events
- Helping cities access the Platform for systemic, Mission-level support, and answering day-to-day questions.