CLT Brussels - Brussels, Belgium
apply before September 24, 2023
Tasks: Education, Hands-on & Crafts, Management
Topics: Community Engagement, Empower & Participate, Public Space & Landscape
Experience required: Entry-level
Language: Local language(s) needed
The Community Land Trust Brussels (CLTB) provides low-income residents of Brussels with the opportunity to live in affordable, sustainable, and quality housing. They use an innovative approach that separates land ownership from building ownership. CLTB’s work goes beyond housing production, extending to community engagement with residents, neighborhood improvement, and fostering a sense of community living. They are also dedicated to promoting the CLT model and other non-speculative housing forms.
Community Work at CLTB:
CLTB housing is collective, housing over 500 people of diverse backgrounds, often located in disadvantaged neighborhoods. Residents are supported in taking initiatives that enhance their lives and strengthen community bonds. Various projects, such as homework assistance programs, community gardens, and conversation tables, have been established. The “Roue Libre” project teaches residents, mainly women, how to ride bicycles and provides bikes to those who don’t have them yet.
- Support residents, neighbors, and volunteers in initiatives to improve the quality of life in CLTB projects and neighborhoods.
- Assist in organizing activities for young people.
- Coordinate training sessions for residents.
- Establish collaborations with local associations.
- Participate in organizing resident participation within our association.
- Be part of the “community” team.