The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) - Dublin, Ireland
apply before March 10, 2023
Tasks: Education, IT & Programming, Management
Topics: Digitalization, Innovative Constructions, Urban Transformation
Experience required: Intermediate
Language: English is sufficient
The Irish Green Building Council (IGBC) was established in 2011 as an independent, non-profit membership organisation, to provide leadership in the transformation to a sustainable built environment. The IGBC is made up of the most progressive organisations working in the Irish Property and construction sector.
It is affiliated with 70 national Green Building Councils that form the World Green Building Council, the largest organisation influencing sustainable construction worldwide. IGBC is a rapidly growing organisation currently with 16 staff.
WHO DO WE NEED?
You will lead, develop our IGBC Academy, develop comprehensive industry programmes and peer to peer learning for our members, working in close collaboration with industry and expert IGBC staff.
We will also consider applications for shared role between 2 part time staff one leading on instruction writing and the other on education marketing and strategy.
Ideally you will have a background in learning and development. You should also have good English, oral and written communication skills with the ability to make clear and engaging presentations as will involve consultation with stakeholders. Ideally you also have experience or qualifications in sustainability and or construction.
You are highly motivated, strategic thinker, committed to grow a career in sustainability, highly organised with strong business acumen.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing a comprehensive midterm and long term learning and development strategy for the IGBC Academy including business plan
- Working with the subject matter expertise internally within IGBC and externally to develop new and improve existing learning materials and programmes related to ESG, Taxonomy, Green procurement, LCA, LCC, IAQ, Zero Carbon, Biodiversity, climate adaptation etc.
- Developing peer to peer learning programmes for members to improve their expert knowledge.
- Delivering IGBC’s part of the Digital Academy for the Built Environment (DASBE) with consortium partners. https://dasbe.ie/
- Liaising closely with Membership director to identify training needs of members.
- Develop strategic partnerships with existing training and education providers.
- Liaising with marketing department to ensure strong take up of programmes.
- Contribute to writing new grant funding proposals to help develop new programmes.